Choose childcare from a variety of options, including childminders, nurseries, before- and after-school clubs, nannies (live in or live out) and au pairs.

Childcare can often be harder for military families because of shift work and last minute duties.

Financial childcare support for Armed Forces personnel

Childcare vouchers

Childcare vouchers are deducted from your salary before tax, saving you money, and can be saved up. Always check with your childcare provider that they accept childcare vouchers.

To get childcare vouchers, please go through your Unit Clerk. If you are no longer serving, your current employer may offer a similar scheme.

Early years funding

Funding for early years childcare, from 2 years old, is means tested. You can check your eligibility through Northamptonshire County Council. They also provide a guide to finding a local provider.

Working parents may be able to claim 30 hours a week free childcare for 3 and 4 years olds. Check your eligibility and further information.

Finding childcare