Service Child Pupil Premium (SPP) and support

​​Service Child Pupil Premium (SPP) is funding provided to a school to help support your child with pastoral support, learning and transition. 

Every service child is entitled to SPP while their parent is serving, and up to six years after service (as long as it was claimed for 6 months prior to discharge).

How to claim Service Child Pupil Premium

Schools must register your child as a service child within the yearly census (January deadline). Once they are registered the school can then claim the funding directly.

A school must disclose how the funding is spent and it must not be combined with other pupil premiums managed by the local authorities, which sit separate from Service Pupil Premium.

What if my child moves schools?

​Funding does not transfer automatically if your child moves schools. They must be re-registered at the new school and the funding will have to be claimed for again.

Information and resources for schools

There are various guides and support from the following organisations on how schools should manage the funding. 

Find out more

If you have any queries on SPP that can't be answered using the resources above, please contact us: