Employment and further education​​​​​

​If you are leaving the Armed Forces you may be looking for a new job. Whether it is a complete career change or a small job to supplement your pension, there are lots of forces-friendly employers. 

Did you know?

Job Centre Plus is the most popular support service used by Armed Forces Personnel.

- Armed Forces Covenant Northamptonshire, website survey

The Career Transition Partnership (CTP)

The CTP can assist in looking for new employment and it is advisable to engage with them as soon as you have made the decision to sign off. As a veteran, you can still access CTP up to two years after you have left, or you can use the available resources on the website to assist you. 

​Job Centre Plus

If you are currently unemployed,​ you can sign on at the Job Centre plus and ask to speak to the Armed Forces Champion who is specifically trained to deal with the armed forces community.


Businesses that have signed the covenant

A full list of businesses that have signed the covenant can be found on the National Covenant website.