Benefits entitlement advice

The GOV.UK benefits calculator gives you an estimate of what benefits you may be able to claim.

Organisations that give benefits advice

Your local unitary council will be able to provide benefits advice and assist with submitting a claim.

Job Centre

Your local Job Centre will be able to advise which employment related benefits you can claim. You can attend your local Job Centre plus and ask for the armed forces champion.

Citizens Advice


Citizens Advice provide independent financial advice on a range of matters including benefits. Their offices can be found in the following areas:

  • Northampton
  • Corby
  • Wellingborough
  • Kettering
  • Towcester
  • Daventry

Find out more about Citizens Advice for Armed Forces personnel.

Compensation for injured Armed Forces personnel

If you have been injured due to your service you may be entitled to compensation payments from the Armed Forces Compensation schemeVeterans UK can support you in submitting a claim.

Pensions advice

For advice on your military pension you can contact one of the following organisations: