Financial advice

If you are in debt and struggling to get yourself out of it, there are organisations that can help. Taking positive steps to deal with it will ensure it does not escalate out of control.

Spending a large financial sum

When deciding how to use any large financial sum such as a pension pay out or a compensation payment it is very useful to consult a financial advisor. More details can be found on the Money Saving Expert website.

Organisations that give debt advice

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice provide independent advice and support on all financial matters as well as some legal issues. They have branches in all the large Northamptonshire towns. 

Step Change

Step Change are a leading finance charity that can help set up debt management plans, provide advice on bankruptcy and provide various debt relief tools.

Money Force (Royal British Legion)

Money Force and the Royal British Legion can provide advice specifically for Armed Forces personnel.

Alternatively you can contact Royal British Legion directly through their contact centre and speak to one of their dedicated financial advisors:

0808 802 8080

Northamptonshire County Council

Northamptonshire County Council have a list of local and national organisations who provide money and debt advice.

Young Northants

Young Northants provide advice for young people on how to avoid debt.