Medical practices

​Leaving the military can pose many logistical challenges. One of these can be getting registered at a medical centre or dental practice. Getting registered should be a priority when you move to a new area and you must ensure your GP registers you as serving personnel, veteran or family member.

Medical centres in Northamptonshire


Northamptonshire has two Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) that cover all medical centres in the county.

Nene CCG cover all districts and boroughs except for Corby.

It is vital to ensure your GP gets access to your medical records from the Armed Forces as soon as possible. You must tell them you are serving, have served or are a spouse or child so they can correctly refer you for treatment and support.

Dental practices in Northamptonshire

It can be difficult to registered with dental practices. Private clinics and NHS clinics both cost money. However, all practices should be able to provide the treatment or services that you need. You may potentially have to travel further for an NHS practice. You can find your local dental practice (both private and NHS) on the NHS choices website: